Items define individual Itinerary components such as accommodation, activities, car rental, transfers, flights, miscellaneous and multi-day Items. You need to set up an Item in order to build an Itinerary or booking including this Item. For example, you need to set up a hotel as an accommodation Item in order to include this hotel in an Itinerary.
The more information you set up regarding Item content* and Item media, the more information will later show in the documentation for your customers.
How to create a new Item
- Log into Kaptio Travel and select Kaptio Travel Settings from the drop down menu in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Click the Items tab at the top of your screen.
- Click New and the following screen will appear:
- Select the Record Type from the drop down menu.
- Click Continue and the following screen will appear: NOTE: The following image is specific to accommodation Items which allows you to also define check-in and check-out times as well as a star rating, whilst other record types do not show these specific options on this page.
- Enter a Name for your Item.
- Under External Name enter an Item name which will be visible on Itinerary content and vouchers for your clients. If no external name is entered, then the Item name will be used by default.
- Select the associated Supplier via the magnifying glass next to the supplier field.
- Assign the relevant Tax Group via the magnifying glass next to the tax group field.
- The Is Active box is checked by default and you can uncheck this box for any items which become inactive.
- Once you have entered all details click Save and the Item overview screen will appear:
You can learn about managing the details for individual Items in the following articles: