Addons in Packages
Addons are now supported in Packages. Users can now define which addons are available in a Package, whether they are mandatory or not and can also select a price list. The prices for addons are always dynamic and do not depend on which pricing is used for the related Package, or which pricing behavior is set for an addon’s parent component.
There are four pricing behavior settings which can be selected for addons:
- Standard: Net and sales prices are pulled through to the Package costings screen from the Item addon prices.
- Free Component: Net and sales prices are set to zero in the Package costings.
- No Net Rate: The net price is set to zero and the sales price is pulled through to costings from the Item addon prices.
- No Sales Rate: The net price is pulled through to costings from the Item addon net rate and the sales price is set to zero.
Minimum deposits on payment schedules
Payment schedules for deposit payment rules can now have a minimum deposit amount. This enforces a deposit amount to never be less than the defined value.
When minimum value is selected instead of calculated value,the word minimum is added to the rule description to highlight this fact.
KT Agenda improvements
The Details link for the KT Agenda feature has been redesigned to improve the Itinerary content presentation to end customers.
Filtering by guest groups in the KT Agenda content component has also been improved. When filtering specific guest groups, Itinerary Items are now displayed for both the selected guest group as well as for all guests.
With the new inventory finder users can now view inventory statuses for specific Items and price categories. The following three filters are available on the inventory finder:
- Destination – filter by sales region, country, region and county.
- Item – filter by Item.
- Price Category – filter by price category.
More detailed filters are also available as follows:
- Record Type – filter by record type.
- Channel – filter by Channel.
- Packages – filter by Package.
- Travel Date and Week Length – allows users to set the start date and the period length for the search.
The inventory finder displays the inventory status for each day within the selected travel period for each relevant price category. The amount of available, reserved, booked and released units is also displayed for allotment inventories. All applied filters are set as URL parameters, so users can share links of their search results.
Discount in Packages
A Package can now be assigned to a discount group. This means that discounts allocated to a specific discount group can be applicable to a whole Package and the discount groups related to the individual Package components are therefore ignored. Supplier, Item and price category level discounts are still applicable to Package components.
Taking the first payment will automatically convert a booking
Users can now take payments on Itineraries that are still at the proposal or quote stage. This action will now automatically convert the Itinerary into a confirmed booking.
Package date picker
Inventory for scheduled Packages has been replaced with the Schedule feature. Multiple schedule records can now be created for a Package and each schedule record can contain multiple time periods. Schedule is used to define available departure dates. The date picker will only allow selecting a Package start date which is available within the schedule.
Fallback status on Item and Allotment level
The master fallback status can now be defined in the advanced Inventory setup. This status is used for the Inventory on Itinerary Items when there is no Inventory season status found, or when the Inventory season status is an Allotment with no available units.
Proposed fallback statuses include the following options:
- On Request
- Not Available
- Sold Out
A fallback status can also be defined for every Allotment type Inventory season status. Available options are:
- Master Fallback – when there are no units available in this specific Allotment for the requested dates, then the Itinerary Item receives the Item’s master fallback status.
- Sold Out – when there are no units available in this specific Allotment for the requested dates, then the Itinerary Item receives the Allotment’s Sold Out fallback status which overrides the master status.
Allotment-specific fallback status is returned only if inventory is requested for an itinerary item and there are no other Inventory Season Statues of Allotment type with available units that match Account, Channel, and Package conditions of the itinerary item. If another matching Allotments are found, then they will be used, otherwise “Sold Out” status is returned.
Itinerary content field set
A new field set called Itinerary Content Table has been added to the Itinerary content object in order to control which fields are displayed in the itinerary content list view. The hard coded default fields are always displayed and are showing before the manually added fields.
Improvements to payment settings
The following new settings have been added to the payment gateway at Channel level:
- Require Payer’s Address – When this checkbox is checked, the required address fields will be displayed on the billing information screen when registering a payment.
- Default Payer Country – This is only visible when the Require Payer’s Address checkbox is checked. This setting allows selecting a default country on payments for internal and external users. The country can be edited easily at any time.
- When a dynamic deposit value is selected within the Deposit Payment schedule, the word Dynamic is added to the rule description.
- Deposit Payment Schedule is now removed when the balance due date is before or equal to the deposit due date in order to avoid any confusions.
- The Payer Name and Payer Email fields are no longer mandatory fields when making a manual payment.
- Billing information entered when registering a payment is now saved in the payment record and can be used for reporting.
- The following payment email templates have been updated to correspond with our improved payment system: Payment confirmation, deposit payment confirmation and balance payment confirmation.
- A Dynamic deposit is now applied by default if a deposit or percentage amount is used as a supplier agreement rule, and if the deposit due date is before the Itinerary start date.
Placeholder replacement improvements
After replacement, placeholder Itinerary Items are now grouped together in one Itinerary booking, if the replacements belong to the same Item and have the same start and end dates/ times.
Replacement of placeholder Items in Packages
Placeholder Items are now supported within Packages, including the placeholder conditions as follows:
- Replaced Items always have the standard pricing behavior, irregardless of the behavior defined on the component.
- The net and sales price for a replaced Item is always maintained for Packages with a fixed net price setup.
- In Packages with a dynamic net and sales price setup, users can select whether the Item sales price will be maintained, or if it should be updated based on the net price for the replacement Item
- The supplier name is now displayed in the component selection for single-day Package components such as flight, transfer, or activity Items in order to help distinguishing Items.
- Any component record type can now be selected as the primary pricing component in Packages with a fixed price setup.
- Package specific price lists are no longer listed among price lists available within net and sales price managers.
- Placeholder components are now ignored when Package components in the Package configurator are checked for missing prices. This means that Packages with placeholder Items can now be added to costings without “dummy” prices.
Allotment table improvements
The Allotment table is now presented in two modes:
- the original version with release days being displayed as the number of days
- the new version with release days being displayed as the actual dates.
Users can toggle between the two modes viewing the release schedule as Days versus Dates and create and edit allotment days in both.
A new validation has been added to the Allotment table where it is not possible to save a Release Day without the corresponding Release Unit and vice versa.
Passenger parent relationships maintained during cloning Itineraries
When cloning an Itinerary, all child passengers will now have a relationship to the same parent passengers on the original Itinerary.
Item time schedule: view active schedules in booking manager
Items with a time schedule date selector in their booking manager now show which dates are available and which are not to save time for users when adding the item to an Itinerary.
Booking confirmation improvements
Some booking confirmation actions have been updated on the Itinerary bookings screen as follows:
- The Send Booking Confirmation button has been removed.
- The Change Confirmation Status action has been renamed to Confirmation Action.
Users can now define the confirmation method at supplier Account level, which will then be used for all Item bookings related to this supplier. Confirmation methods are as follows:
- Manual – for suppliers who are contacted via phone etc.
- Email – for suppliers to whom confirmation information is sent via email. A primary booking email address is required for this method.
- Confirmation Not Needed – for suppliers from whom a confirmation is not required.
The confirmation method selected for supplier Accounts appears on the Itinerary bookings screen and can be edited from there.
A new Confirmation Status field has been added to the Itinerary Item object and is now used instead of the original Status field which is no longer in use. The Confirmation Status field can have the following values:
- Unconfirmed – Itinerary Items related to suppliers with a Manual or Email confirmation method are created in this status. This status can also be a result of the Unconfirm action.
- Sent Confirmation – This status is only relevant to Itinerary Items related to suppliers with Email as the confirmation method. This status is a result of the Send action on Items that have not been confirmed previously.
- Confirmed – This status is a result of the Confirm action on Items which have not been confirmed previously.
- Unconfirmed Amendment – Itinerary Items which have already been confirmed receive this status when the booking dates or quantity are changed. This status can also be a result of the Unconfirm action.
- Sent Amendment – This status is only relevant to Itinerary Items related to suppliers with with Email as the confirmation method. This status is a result of the Send action on Items that have been amended after confirmation.
- Confirmed Amendment – This status is a result of the Confirm action on items which have been amended.
- Sent Cancellation – This status is only possible for Itinerary Items related to suppliers with Email as the confirmation method. This status is a result of the Send Cancellation action.
- Cancelled Manually – This status is a result of the Cancel Manually action.
- Unconfirmed Cancellation – This status is a result of the Send or Confirm action on cancelled Items.
- Confirmation Not Needed – Itinerary Items related to suppliers with Confirmation Not Needed as the confirmation method are created in this status.
Refurbished booking confirmation actions have been introduced for Itinerary bookings as follows:
- Send – Creates a supplier request for each supplier whose Items have been selected for sending a confirmation request
- Confirm – Confirms Itinerary bookings.
- Unconfirm – Unconfirms bookings which have been previously confirmed.
- Send Cancellation – Creates a supplier request for each supplier whose Items have been selected for sending a cancellation request
- Cancel Manually – Cancels Itinerary bookings.
Supplier request is a new object which contains information of which type of request has been sent to a supplier, and when it was sent. Supplier request has child records called Supplier Request Items, which relate requests to Itinerary Items that have been selected for sending. They also store snapshots of these Items. Supplier requests can be viewed on the Itinerary Item details screen as well as on the supplier Account screen.
Important validation has been added to the Itinerary costings screen: now only unconfirmed Items can be deleted from costings right away, confirmed Items must be cancelled first.
Supplier invoices prepaid generation: Hide lines that balance to 0 in total
From now on the supplier Invoices search screen for Generate pre-paid only displays actual amounts that need to be paid.and hides all lines where the amount owed equals zero.
Price currency prioritisation
The prioritisation of Item prices delivered to Itinerary costings has been updated in order to look for prices in the Itinerary currency first and now follows the order below:
- Customer specific price in the Itinerary currency
- Customer specific price in other currencies
- Customer price group in the Itinerary currency
- Customer price group in other currencies
- Price list price in the Itinerary currency
- Price list in other currencies
- All customers price in the Itinerary currency
- All customers price in other currencies
When two or more prices are competing within the same priority, then the Use Best Customer Rate setting in App Settings still controls which price is delivered.
- All fields in the Package configurator are now aligned.
- Itinerary Item notes on Package Items can now be saved without errors.
- Numeric values in the Item price manager and in net and sales price grids are now displayed based on the user’s locale.
- Package components with No Net Rate pricing behavior on Packages with a dynamic net rate and a fixed sales rate are no longer blocked in the Package configurator due to a missing price, if the selected Item does not have a net rate specified at Item level.
- Replacement conditions bug fixes:
- Start and end dates on replaced bookings are now saved correctly.
- Suppliers without Items that match the replacement conditions are now filtered out from the list of available suppliers.
- Items where price categories do not match the replacement conditions are now filtered out from the available list of items.
- Items selected upon replacement are now saved correctly in the Itinerary Item and Itinerary booking.
- Guest group assignments are now preserved on Itinerary Items after replacement of placeholder Items.
- Custom Items and addons are no longer highlighted in red in the booking manager. Optional components whitout any selected Items are now no longer highlighted in the Package configurator.
- Itinerary items where travel dates are covered by several Allotments can now be booked successfully.
- The “Data value too large” error on sending Itinerary content has been fixed.
- When an existing Package is edited in the Package configurator, the Itinerary booking name is now saved correctly afterr updating an Item.
- The 24 Hour Charge checkbox for car rental Package components is now honored in Package costings.
- After the new payment schedule feature has been introduced, some fields on the Itinerary feature became neglected. Now the Final Payment Expected Date and Deposit Amount values are populated again based on payment schedules defined at Itinerary level.
- From now on a supplier invoice is credited when the line is set to 0 cost, if the cost has already been invoiced to the supplier.
- The incorrect calculation of Markup% and Margin% with the guest groups filter applied on costings has been fixed.
- The Priority field has been returned to the Allotment Inventory season status create and edit view.
- The description on the Itinerary Item now displays the correct number of days for car rental and multi-day Items based on the 24 Hour Charge checkbox at Item level. Sales invoices are now displaying the correct number of days.