How to create a room type for an accommodation Item
- Log into Kaptio Travel and select Kaptio Travel Settings from the drop down menu in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Click the Items tab at the top of your screen.
- From the list of Items select the relevant accommodation Item.
- Click Room Types on the left hand side of your screen and the following will appear:
- Here you can find a list of default room types and you can edit these by clicking Edit next to the relevant Room Type Name.
- To create a new room type click New Room Type and the following screen will appear:
- The Is Active box is checked by default and you can uncheck this box for any room types which become inactive.
- The default Item will show and you can edit this if relevant.
- Under Price Category Name enter a room type name for internal use.
- Under External Name enter a room type name which will be visible on the documents for your customers. If no external name is entered, then the price category name will be used by default.
- Under Sort enter a number where this room type will show on the list of room types under the related accommodation Item.
- Select a Unit of Measure from the drop down menu. For example, will the price for this room type be per unit or per person?
- Select an Accommodation Type from the drop down menu, for example, hotel or lodge.
- Enter the Maximum number of adults, the Maximum number of children and the Maximum number of people in total allowed for this room type. This information will be relevant when you create an Itinerary including this Item. When you, for example, select a double room for a group of four people, then the default number of rooms will show as two. You can learn more about creating an itinerary in the Creating An Itinerary article.
- Once you have entered all details click Save and you will be taken back to the room types overview screen.
Alternatively you can also use the Quick Add function on the room types overview screen and you can learn more on how to use the quick add function in the Item Price Categories General article.