App Settings define your business core settings including defaults for the sales process and supplier payments.
To get started with your setup, log into Kaptio Travel and select Kaptio Travel Settings from the drop down menu in the top right hand corner of your screen.
From here you can set up and edit all details and information required to create and manage your database and booking processes.
How to set up your business core settings
- Log into Kaptio Travel and select Kaptio Travel Settings from the drop down menu in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Click the App Settings tab at the top of your screen and the App Settings overview screen will appear:
- Under Company Settings enter your Company Name, the Customer Facing URL (where your customer will, for example, be able to view an itinerary or booking content) and select whether you would like to use markup* or margins* on your costings.
- Under Sales Process Defaults select the Default Percentage for booking deposits, the Number of Days Before Final Payment (which is the number of days before travel when the final payment is due) and enter a name for the Booking Conversion Status (this is your status name for a confirmed booking, for example, “Won” or “Confirmed”)
- Under Supplier Defaults select the Default Supplier Payment Rule from the drop down menu. The default options are billback* and billback self-bill*. Your selection will be the default rule if no supplier specific agreements have been created.
- Under System Settings you can define further details like Supplier Account Record Types (NOTE: agent, airline, customer and supplier are default account record types* and you can also create additional record types if needed. You can learn more in the Creating And Editing Accounts Record Types article), the Supplier Invoice CSV Export Page, the Stage Categories of your booking process (for example, “Proposal” and “Confirmation”) and check the Use the Kaptio Email Composer* box if relevant.
- Once you have entered all relevant details click Save.
On the left hand side of the app settings overview screen you can find tabs to create and manage the following: