Business Units are departments or divisions of your business with its own tax or profit centres. You must create your Business Unit(s) before you can create your selling Channels (subdivisions of your business units).
You should add a separate Business Unit for:
- Every entity which requires its own booking numbers/ prefixes.
- Every entity which requires its own invoice numbers/ prefixes.
- Every entity which requires its own reporting currency.
- Every entity which requires its own separate tax rules.
How to create a Business Unit
- Log into Kaptio Travel and select Kaptio Travel Settings from the drop down menu in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Click the Business Units tab at the top of your screen, then click New and the Business Units overview page will appear as follows:
- The Business Unit Name, Booking and Invoice Number Prefixes and Sequences as well as the Currency are compulsory fields for the creation of Business Units.
- Once you have entered all details click Save at the top of this page.
How to edit a business unit
- Click the Business Units tab at the top of your screen, then select the Business Unit you wish to edit.
- Once you have edited the relevant details click Save.