Channels define the selling Channels for each Business Unit. For example, if your business has a subdivision in the US (or for US clients) as well as in the UK (or for UK clients), you can set up separate selling Channels for each division specifying their individual currencies, terms and conditions etc.
You should set up a separate Channel for:
- Every entity which requires its own selling currency.
- Every entity which requires its own price list.
- Every entity which requires its own content templates and output presentation, e.g. for itineraries and vouchers.
Please note that you need to create at least one Channel per Business Unit.
How to create a selling Channel
- Log into Kaptio Travel and select Kaptio Travel Settings from the drop down menu in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Click the Channels tab at the top of your screen, then click New and the following page will appear:
- Enter a Channel Name.
- Enter a Channel Code.
- Select the related Business Unit from the drop down menu.
- Check the box for your Channel Sales Currency.
- Once you have entered all details click Save at the top of this page.
How to manage your Channels
- Click the Channels tab at the top of your screen
- Select the Channel you wish to edit and the following screen will appear:
This overview screen allows you to enter the payment terms, markup*, language and details regarding the expiration of content relating to this Channel (for example, proposals and itineraries).
To the left hand side of the Channel specific overview screen you can also find tabs to create and manage the following information: