Content components define custom content for your content templates and the content components are generally managed by Kaptio or by your internal system administrator.
The Content Components feature enables you to create customised content which can be included in content templates* for a Channel*. Content components are generally managed by Kaptio or by your internal systems administrator.
In order to create a new content component you need an Apex Class which takes care of the content rendering. Once the content component is complete, it can be added to any content template.
- In the Setup window click App Settings at the top of your screen.
- Click Content Components on the left hand side of your screen.
- Click New Content Component and the following screen will appear:
- Enter a Name for the component, which will be visible in the template component. You can learn more about creating content templates in the Content Templates article and you can learn more about creating and publishing the content for an itinerary in the Publishing Itinerary Content article
- Type in the name of the Apex Class.
- The Is Active box is checked by default and you can uncheck this box for any content components which become inactive.
- Optionally, you can add properties to the content component. These properties can be any type of variable but will only work if the Apex Class has been coded to accept them.
- Click Add Property and add Key and Value.
- Once all values have been added, click Save and you will be redirected to the content component overview page.
- You can now add the new content component to a content template under the relevant Channel by selecting Component.