Accounts record types define the type of account, for example a supplier or customer account. Agent, airline, customer and supplier are default accounts record types* within Kaptio Travel which can be edited and you can also create additional accounts record types.
NOTE: Do not edit or delete accounts record types once specific accounts have been allocated to them.
How to create a new accounts record type
- Log into Kaptio Travel, select Kaptio Travel Settings from the drop down menu in the top right hand corner of your screen, then click Setup.
- Type “accounts” in the quick search box in the top left hand corner of your screen and the following screen will appear:
- Click Record Types under Accounts to be redirected to the accounts record types overview screen where you will find a list of record types already set up as defaults.
- Here you can edit existing record type names before you allocate specific accounts to these record types. NOTE: Do not edit or delete accounts record types once specific accounts have been allocated to them.
- To create a new accounts record type click New at the top of the accounts record types overview screen and the following new screen will appear:
- From the Existing Record Type drop down menu select Master if you would like this new record type to be a master record type. You can also select to allocate this new record type as a sub category for existing record types. For example, you can create a new record type called “Ground Handlers” which you can allocate to the existing record type “supplier”.
- Under Record Type Label enter a record type name.
- Hit the tab key on your Keyboard and the Record Type Name will automatically be filled in.
- Enter a Description for this record type if relevant.
- Ensure the Active box is checked. Uncheck the Active box if this record type is not in use.
- Enable this record type for all or some user profiles by checking the relevant Enable for Profile boxes.
- Once you have entered all relevant details click Next and the following screen will appear:
- Here you can allocate a specific account page layout for this record type.
- Once you have finished your selection click Save and you will be redirected to the overview screen for this record type:
- Here you can edit the picklists* for this accounts record type. A picklist is the Salesforce term for drop down menu.
- Click Edit next to the relevant picklist you wish to edit.
- As an example, when you click Account Source the following options will appear:
- Highlight, for example, Public Relations on the Available Values list and click Add for it to be moved to the Selected Values list. All records on the Selected Values list will then show on the account source picklist (drop down menu).
- You can also remove values from the Selected Values list by highlighting the value and then clicking Remove.
- Once you have completed your selection click Save.