You must specify each currency used within your business and then create and assign specific currency books* for each Business Unit.
How to manage your business currencies
- Log into Kaptio Travel and select Kaptio Travel Settings from the drop down menu in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Click the + sign on the right hand side of the tabs at the top of your screen and the all tabs screen will appear. You can learn more about the all tabs screen in our Getting Started article.
- Click Currency Setup and the currency books overview screen will appear:
How to add new currencies
- Click Add New Currencies in the top right hand corner of the currency books overview screen and the following will appear:
- Click New and the following screen will appear:
- Under Currency Type select the currency relevant to your business from the drop down menu.
- Enter the conversion rate from your corporate currency to the foreign currency. This can be overridden by using live conversion rates.
- Enter the decimal places you wish to show when this currency is being displayed.
- Once you have entered all details click Save or Save and New to repeat the same steps for further currencies.
Base Settings on the right hand side of the currency books overview screen define how frequently the live conversion rate is updated. The default setting is once a day and currently this cannot be changed.
NOTE: Kaptio Travel does not allow users to change a currency book from manual to live conversion rates. You need to create a new currency book and then reassign this to the relevant Business Unit.