How to manage discounts
- Log into Kaptio Travel and select Kaptio Travel Settings from the drop down menu in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Click the + sign on the right hand side of the tabs at the top of your screen and the all tabs screen will appear. You can find further details regarding the all tabs screen in the Getting Started article.
- Click Discounts and the discounts overview screen will appear:
- To create a new discount click New and the following screen will appear:
- The Is Active box is checked by default and you can uncheck this box for any discounts which become inactive.
- Enter a Discount Name.
- Under Available in, select from the drop down menu whether this discount can be applied by a specific business unit, a specific channel or all business units.
- Under Available for, select from the drop down menu whether this discount is available for a specific customer, all customers or for a specific price group*. If price group is selected, then this discount will only be available for clients who belong to a chosen price group (for example, “repeat clients” or “direct customers”).
- Under Applicable to, select from the drop down menu whether this discount is applicable to a specific supplier, item*, price category* or discount group*. You can find further details on how to manage suppliers, items, price categories and discount groups in the Supplier Accounts article, the Items article, the Item Price Categories articles and the Discount Groups article.
- Check the Apply to Addons checkbox if this discount should also be applied to the Item addons.
- Under Travel Period, select from the drop down menu whether this discount applies to a specific travel period or always. If you select Travel Period, you can create a specific travel period by clicking Add in the travel period section at the bottom of this screen, selecting the relevant Start Date and End Date as well as applicable days of the week and clicking Save.
- Under Booking Period, select from the drop down menu whether this discount applies to a specific booking window, certain booking dates or always. A booking window is where the discount applies when the booking is made a certain number of days before travel.
- Under Allocation, select from the drop down menu whether this discount applies per booking, per day or per night.
- Under Minimum, select the minimum allocation (amount of people) or the minimum unit of measure. What a unit of measure defines here depends on whether this discount is applicable to a supplier, item, price category or discount group.
- Under Amount, select whether this discount should be applied as a value in a specific currency or as a specific percentage and then add the relevant value amount and currency or percentage amount.
- Under Applied To select from the drop down menu whether this discount applies to the net rate* or the sales rate*.
- Once you have entered all relevant Details click Save or Save and Close.
How to edit a discount:
- On the discounts overview screen click Edit next to the discount you wish to edit.
- Edit the relevant details and click Save.
Discounts which are applicable to a specific item will be visible on the relevant item’s price manager overview screen where you can also edit the details as follows:
- Log into Kaptio Travel, then click Setup in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Click the Items tab at the top of your screen.
- Click Price Manager on the left hand side of your screen and the following will appear:
- Click Edit next to the discount you wish to edit.
- Edit the relevant details as per the instructions for creating a new discount.
- click Save.
You can also create new discounts within the item price manager by clicking Add in the discounts section of the price manager screen and following the same instructions for creating a new discount.