After your systems administrator has installed Kaptio Travel you can start configuring your Kaptio Travel Org*. You can learn more about the installation of Kaptio Travel under the Implementation and Data Import Guide.
NOTE: Please ensure you have installed Google Chrome as your default browser.
Before you can use Kaptio Travel to create an itinerary or booking, you will need to set up the following information:
App Settings define your business core settings including defaults for the sales process and supplier payments. You can learn more under App Settings.
You must specify each currency used within your business, and create and assign specific currency books* for each business unit*. You can learn more under Currencies.
Business Units are departments or divisions of your business with separate tax or profit centres. You must create your Business Unit(s) before you can create your selling Channel(s), which are subdivisions of your Business Units.
You should add a separate Business Unit for:
- Every entity which requires its own booking numbers/ prefixes.
- Every entity which requires its own invoice numbers/ prefixes.
- Every entity which requires its own reporting currency.
- Every entity which requires its own separate tax rules.
You can learn more under Business Units.
Channels define the selling channels for each Business Unit. For example, if your business has a subdivision in the US (or for US clients) as well as in the UK (or for UK clients), you can set up separate selling Channels for each division specifying their individual currencies, terms and conditions etc. Please note that you need to create at least one Channel per Business Unit.
You should set up a separate Channel for:
- Every entity which requires its own selling currency.
- Every entity which requires its own price list.
- Every entity which requires its own content templates and customer document presentation, e.g. for itineraries and vouchers
You can learn more under Channels.
Accounts specify details about your agents, airlines, customers and suppliers. You can learn more under Accounts.
You must create an Item* for each individual component that you want to include in an itinerary such as accommodation, activities, car rental, transfers, flights, miscellaneous and multi-day items. You can learn more under Items.
How to set up and manage components within Kaptio Travel:
- Log into Kaptio Travel to see the Kaptio Travel home screen where you will find the following Kaptio Travel App options on the right hand side of your screen:
- Select Kaptio Travel Settings from the drop down menu in the top right hand corner of your screen, then click Setup.
- Click the + sign on the right hand side of the tabs at the top of your screen and a list of all available Kaptio Travel tabs will appear in alphabetical order:
- From here you can set up and manage Kaptio Travel by clicking the relevant components.
You can also customise the tabs at the top of your screen. For example, you might like to show the itineraries and accounts tabs within Kapto Travel sales and show the app settings and channels tabs within Kaptio Travel settings.
NOTE: Your customised tabs will only be visible on your personal screen, not for all users.
How to customise your tabs:
- Click Customize My Tabs in the top right corner of the all tabs screen and the following will appear:
- Under Custom App select from the drop down menu which Kaptio Travel app to configure the tabs for.
- Under Available Tabs select the tabs you wish to show as defaults and click Add for them to be moved to the Selected Tabs list.
- You can also remove tabs from the Selected Tabs list by highlighting the value and then clicking Remove.
- Once you have completed your selection click Save.