Item addons define additional, Item specific services. For example, you might create an addon called “extra bed” for a specific accommodation Item and an addon called “private guide” for a specific activity Item.
How to create an addon for an Item
- Log into Kaptio Travel and select Kaptio Travel Settings from the drop down menu in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Click the Items tab at the top of your screen.
- From the list of Items select the relevant Item.
- Click Price Category on the left hand side of your screen and the following screen will appear
- Under Item you will find the default Item and you can select a different Item via the magnifying glass next to this field.
- Enter an Addon Name.
- Under Allocation select from the drop down menu whether this addon is allocated per booking, per day or per night.
- Under Unit of Measure select from the drop down menu whether the cost for this addon is per unit or per person.
- Add a description for this addon if relevant.
- Select a Tax Group via the magnifying glass. You can learn more about creating new tax groups in the Tax Groups article under App Settings.
- Check the Is Mandatory box if this addon is mandatory for any bookings for this Item.
- Once you have entered all details click Save.