Item price categories are the individual price categories for Items such as “Twin Room” and “Single Room” for a hotel or “Business Class” and “Economy Class” for a flight.
Generic information about creating price categories is given below and more specific information is also provided for in separate articles for Car Rental Price Categories (car types), Accommodation Price Categories (room types) and Flight Price Categories (ticket types).
How to create individual price categories for an Item
- Log into Kaptio Travel and select Kaptio Travel Settings from the drop down menu in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Click the Items tab at the top of your screen.
- From the list of Items select the relevant Item.
- Click Price Category on the left hand side of your screen and the following screen will appear:
- Here you can find a list of default price categories and you can edit these by clicking Edit next to the relevant Price Category Name.
- To create a new price category click New Price Category and the following screen will appear:
- The Is Active box is checked by default and you can uncheck this box for any price categories which become inactive.
- The default Item will show and you can edit this if relevant.
- Enter a Price Category Name for internal use.
- Under External Name enter price category name which will be visible on the documents for your customers. If no external name is entered, then the price category name will be used by default.
- Under Use defaults from you can select a price category from the drop down menu and the fields will then be completed as per the default price category.
- Under Sort enter a number where this price category will show on the list of price categories under the related item.
- Select a Unit of Measure from the drop down menu. For example, will the price for this price category be per unit or per person?
- Select the relevant Ticket Type from the drop down menu (for example, adult or child).
- For activity Items for which this screenshot is an example, you can also define the Minimum Age and Maximum Age for each price category.
- Once you have entered all details click Save and you will be taken back to the price categories overview screen.
Alternatively you can also use the Quick Add function on the price categories overview screen as follows:
- Click Quick Add and the following screen will appear:
- Check the Insert box for any price categories you wish to allocate to the Item.
- You can edit the Price Category Name as well as all other record fields on this screen.
- Click Add Record to add a further price category line.
- Once you have entered all details click Save.