How to manage currency conversion rates manually
- Ensure that you have not checked the Use Live Currency Conversion box in the relevant currency book. You can learn more about creating currency books in the Currency Books article.
- in the currency books section of the currency books overview screen click the relevant currency book name and the following screen will appear:
- First of all click New Period In the conversion rate period section of the currency books overview screen.
- On the following screen under Starting On select a start date from the calendar. You do not need to set an end date for a conversion rate period, however each time you enter a start date for a new period, Kaptio Travel will automatically set the end date for that period as the day before the next period starts.
- Click Save and you will be taken back to the currency books overview screen which will now show the start date which you have just entered:
- Click Edit next to the New Period button and the grey fields below each currency will change to white, which means they are now editable.
- Enter the manual conversion rate into the field below each individual currency.
- Once you have entered all manual conversion rates for this specific conversion rate period click Save.
- You can set up further conversion rate periods by repeating the same steps.
- Once you have entered all relevant details click Save and return to the currency books overview screen by clicking Currency Setup.
NOTE: Kaptio Travel does not allow users to change a currency book from manual to live conversion rates. You need to create a new currency book and then reassign this to the relevant Business Unit.