Placeholder Items are generic Items that are marked as placeholders. They are used within Itineraries so that you can add prices to services where it is unknown at the time of quoting or booking which exact Item will be confirmed for your customer. Unlike general Items, placeholder Items can be replaced in an Itinerary even after the Itinerary has been converted to a confirmed booking.
How to create a placeholder Item
- Log into Kaptio Travel, select Kaptio Travel Settings from the picklist in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Click the Items tab at the top of your screen.
- Click New.
- On the following screen select the Record Type from the picklist.
- Click Continue and the following screen will appear
- Enter all relevant details as per the instructions in the Items General Information article.
- Check the Placeholder Item checkbox.
- Click Save.
Placeholder conditions define the replacement rules for each placeholder Item price category*. You can learn more about general Item price categories in the Item Price Categories. article.
You can create the placeholder conditions for a placeholder Item as follows::
- Within the specific placeholder Item, click Price Categories on the left hand side of your screen. The label might say Ticket Types or Room Types, depending on the Item record type.
- On the following screen the relevant Item price category defaults will appear. You can learn more about creating Item price categories in the Item Price Categories General Information article.
- Click Conditions and the following screen will appear:
- Click Add Filter and the following popup will appear:
- Under Field, select the field name that meets the condition from the picklist menu. You can select fields relating to the Item price category, the Item, or the supplier.
- Under Operation, specify how the condition should be met, for example, equal to, not equal to, contains or not contains. Note: The available options depend on the selected field.
- Under Value, select the condition that needs to be met. Note: The available options depend on the selected field and operation and you can type free text in cases where there is no picklist available.
- Once you have added all replacement conditions, click Save.