Every Item* has price categories allocated and the name “price category” can be different for each individual Item record type*. For example, the price category type for accommodation Items is usually “room type”, whilst for flight Items it could be “ticket type”. Kaptio Travel shows default price category types which can be edited. You can read about creating the price categories for individual Items under Item Price Categories where you can learn how to, for example, create a variety of room types for a specific hotel.
How to edit a default Price Category Type
- Log into Kaptio Travel and select Kaptio Travel Settings from the drop down menu in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Click the App Settings tab at the top of your screen.
- Then click Price Category Types on the left hand side of your screen and the following page will appear:
- Here you can see the list of default price category types allocated to the relevant item record types.
Click Edit next to the relevant item record type and the following screen will appear (Step 1 of 3):
Under Label edit the price category type name.
- Select the relevant Field Set from the drop down menu. The field set determines which record fields will show on the different price category types.
- Under Date From Label Text enter the text to be added to any date outputs* for this price category type. For example, this could be “arrival” or “check in” for room types, the price category type for accommodation items. Leave blank if no label should appear on outputs.
- Under Date To Label Text enter the text to be added to any date outputs for this price category type. For example, this could be “departure” or “check out” for room types, the price category type for accommodation items. Leave blank if no label should appear on outputs.
- Once you have edited the relevant details click Next and the following screen will appear (Step 2 of 3):
- Now you can define the defaults which will appear when setting up a new price category within a specific Item. You can learn more about creating price categories for individual Items under Item Price Categories.
- As the price category type field sets differ between the different Item record types from here, we will explain the steps for accommodation Items as an example, where the default is “Room Type”.
- Select a Unit of Measure from the drop down menu (for example, per room or per person).
- Select the relevant Accommodation Type from the drop down menu (for example, Hotel or Lodge).
- For accommodation items you can also define the default Maximum number of adults, Maximum number of children as well as the Maximum number of people as the maximum capacity allowed for each room type.
- Once you have entered all relevant details click Next and the following screen will appear (Step 3 of 3):
- Here you can define the actual default price categories for the quick add function within the setup for specific Item record types. “Double Room” and “Twin Room” are showing as default price categories for accommodation Items and you can amend these by overwriting them and clicking Save.
- Click New to create an additional default price category.
- Once you have added or edited all relevant details click Save and you will be redirected to the price category types overview screen.